I was asked whether it’s efficient to perform a manual garbage collection using GC.Collect() or not!
Actually, it’s better to just let the CLR handle it. However, thereâ€™re few circumstances where manually performing garbage collection is preferred, such as if some non-recurring event has just happened and this event is highly likely to have caused a lot of old objects to die.
More details are available in Rico Marianiâ€™s…
Have a nice weekend!
- 9 Rules about Constructors, Destructors, and Finalizers
- Creating a Stack-Based Array
- [Stats] 97% of machines run Flash, 74% run Java, and 73% run Silverlight
- Introducing RSS; Developing a Simple RSS Reader
- Programmatically Compress and Decompress Files
- Little thoughts about coding…
- Launched Visual Studio 2010!
- What’s New in Silverlight 5? – Media Changes